Girls love summer months as they finally get a chance to feel the sun on their face, enjoy the nice weather outside and wear lightweight clothing.
Between the family outings, barbecues, and time at the pool or ocean, you will be exposed to the sun and heat. You can have as much fun and frolic as you wish provided you take good care of your skin to protect it from the harmful impact of sun’s hot rays.
Besides high temperature, it is the high level of humidity in the air that can have an adverse impact on the health of your skin.
Here are some easy beauty tips to survive the scorching heat of the summer season:
- Having a white or pale skin means you need to protect yourself from sunburn. Always wear a sunscreen on your face and body parts exposed to sun before moving out. However, buy products of a reputable company as research has shown that sunscreen products of inferior quality can themselves cause skin cancer.
- Young girls are troubled by acne during summer season. This is because acne finds conditions of high temperature and high humidity conducive for breakout. The best way to prevent acne from appearing on your face is to keep your face clean from all the oil and dirt that clog the pores of the skin. Also be sure to use a non comedogenic makeup, such as Acne Minerals. It is better to avoid oily makeup as it will clog the pores of your skin.
- Skin that is hydrated is least affected by heat and humidity. Make sure you drink lots of water and juices of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin hydrated from inside. Also, keep a bottle of neutral water with you when moving out in the sun. Ice cold water can give you stomach cramps in the heat. Eat cucumber, water melon, and other such things that contain lots of water.
- Always wear sunglasses that block 100% of UVA and UVB rays to prevent harmful exposure to sun’s light when heading out.
- Your skin absorbs a lot of heat from sun’s rays that you cannot prevent if you spend time in the outdoors. If you find you have a sunburn, using pH balancing spray, it will turn into a tan much faster and is soothing with its aloe vera content!
Have a great summer!