First thing is, this is easy! It’s not a complicated process and you can have clean, germ free brushes in a matter of minutes. I have a few tips and tricks for you as well. Let’s do this in list form shall we? I’ve come to appreciate lists more these days. I’m a creative type who has a million ideas going at once and I find short lists can help to streamline the process. Plus it looks pretty and more organize on our new blog here.
- Take a deep breath and remind yourself, this is easy and my skin deserves those clean soft brushes.
- You can use your bare hands or if you so desire get this handy tool. A pink silicone glove, it makes cleaning fun. Also if you have sensitive skin like I do, it helps to not dry out your hands from repeated washings.
- Put a small amount of soap and water on the glove, I like to use face wash soap or you can use baby shampoo too. I suggest your facial soap if you have sensitive or acne prone skin. If you don’t get all the baby shampoo rinsed out it could irritate your skin.
- Swirl and twirl that brush like it’s dancing. Play a little dancing queen in your head if you’d like.
- Rinse! Yes, it’s that easy. I recommended washing your makeup brushes once a month, every two weeks if you have sensitive or acne prone skin.
Xoxo- Mary Ellen Bird