iamcleanminded Soap Nuts
An environmentally friendly way to clean most anything.
Reasons to use iamcleanminded Soap nuts laundry cleaner:
- Solves problems for people with issues with traditional laundry detergents. It's a natural alternative to wash your clothes.
- Simple to use, 5-10 soapberry nuts in a small bag, depending upon how soiled your clothes are.
- The non-pore clogging ingredients. Rinses clean. Also hypoallergenic, no skin or respiratory irritation and non-toxic.
- The science that backs it up. In a chemical analysis done at Trinity Western University by Paul D. Brown, PhD, it was documented that soap nuts (Sapindus saponaria) contains saponin which works as a surfactant, separating dirt from clothes in the same way as other soaps. But also the presence of an additional compound of soap like ingredients called ASOGs (acyclic sesquiterpene oligoglycoside). These work together to clean your clothes in a natural way.
- Environmental conscience. soap nuts, are grown on trees in Honduras. They are an eco-friendly effective alternative to regular laundry detergent.
- This natural cleaner replaces the bad stuff with something better for you!
- Social conscience. Faces of hope. Provides income and encouragement to many families in Honduras who would otherwise not have a source of income. These resourceful individuals are excited about helping those of us in need of a natural cleaner that rinses clean and is so incredibly effective. Most soap nuts sold in the U.S. come from Asia. Our soap nuts come from the mountains of Central America.
- Our soap nuts are also minimally processed, only a few individuals touch the soap nuts before they arrive safely to you. We did this to maintain quality control and give you the best product possible.
Includes a washing bag with a easy handy pull!
Soap nuts are the seed covers of the Jaboncillo or soap Tree. It is a natural, bio-degradable, hypo-allergenic, and low-sudsing cleaner. Soap nuts can be used for all laundry needs, even baby clothes and cloth diapers. Using soap nuts has helped people with sensitive skin or soap related allergies. Soap nuts have a slight vinegar like smell, but will not leave an odor on your clothes. They come out smelling clean and fresh. If you desire a fragrance you can add a few drops of your essential oil to a small cloth and use in dryer with the clothes.
Directions: To use place 5-10 soap nuts in a small, reusable cotton or mesh bag (or a sock if need be). Tie bag closed and place in water along with a load of laundry. The soap nuts may be used for up to 5 loads of laundry. You will get use to what they look like when they are "used" up, mushy and more grey in appearance. They do not need to be removed for the rinse cycle during which they have a fabric softening effect. When the waxy brown husks are depleted of saponin and ASOGs, (appearing mushy and grey) they can be composted or otherwise discarded.
Directions for Liquid Laundry soap nut solution/ All purpose cleaner: Place 15-20 soap nuts in about 6 cups of water, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20-30 minutes. Yes, it's that simple! 1/2 cup of the liquid can be used for a load of laundry. Store the liquid in a air tight container in the refrigerator. This all purpose cleaner can be used for many things including a general purpose cleaner, glass cleaner and hand soap.
The environmentally safe and natural alternative to harsh detergents!
Traditional detergents cause inflammation and irritation to skin. IAmCleanMinded Soap Nuts is an eco-friendly, natural and organic way to cleaning. The soap nuts contain saponins that are hypoallergenic, meaning that, in addition to their exceptional cleaning properties, they’re also anti-inflammatory.
NOTE that soap nuts are not actually "NUTS" and are safe for those with nut allergies to use.